"These days would be remembered and kept for generations and celebrated by every family..." Est 9:28 NLT

Thursday, January 2, 2014

In with the New!

So with that title one would assume I was presuming "out with the old."   Not exactly.  I like old stuff.  Having said that, I do realize this blog needs some revitalizing..... desperately.  So much happened in 2013 which, well, pretty much affected everything.  You know how that goes.   Major job change was the biggest thing!  I left my agency job several cities away, but I mainly left the COMMUTE!  I miss many of the people I used to work with, but change in lifestyle has been nothing but good!  That move alone gave me at least 2 more hours at home a day!  Unbelievable.    It has been an awesome change, but also a struggle.  Starting my own practice has been awesome and also challenging.   I trust that it will all work out as it is intended.   I like to say I have the best business partner ever (God) so it really can't fail.  

So with that major change one would think I would have actually more time to blog, craft, etc..... that didn't actually happen.   I am still adjusting to the changes, and actually I found that my 2013 year of craftiness was pretty "all over the place."  I was a vendor at a local very fun and charming store, selling my crafty wares along with great finds I made over or altered.   I loved doing that and will probably return to it again in some form, but I needed to pull back, to focus on what I really wanted in my life and how I wanted to spend my precious crafty time. I did a ton of custom albums for people for $ and as gifts.   I did minimal layouts (which will change this year), and I did many, many altered projects, including furniture!   I even missed a great many of my favorite USTREAM classes (I especially miss Kathryn from Katheryn Scrap's) but again, I just needed to kind of hoard my time for a bit.   I do miss my online friends though and am working on building that back in, at least on some kind of basis. 

I branched out quite a bit in 2013 in terms of my interests and  projects.  I am actually considering renaming the blog... or at least giving it a sub title......   Maybe something like Scrap4Therapy & All things Supporting a Creative Life!   I reunited with an old love of mine.   Journaling.   I missed it.   I needed it.  Which lead to a new discovery.... the art journal.   I am just beginning to dabble with it.   The biggest lesson I have learned so far is that it can be whatever I want and I don't have to do it like (the extremely beautiful) versions I have seen on YouTube.  It is MINE.... my expression of whatever, and I can express anyway I want to.   I tend to love magazine collage so that is where I am experimenting now, along with a bunch of mixed media which has been fun for me and taught me about not giving up, letting go of perfection and staying with it until it just feels right.  Sometimes that means walking away and coming back later.   Whenever later ends up being.   It has been freeing, and I suspect as I continue, I will learn more about myself and my own creative process.

And I also met a new friend, or perhaps a cousin of a best friend--- the Filofax world.  I have always been a planner.   I have always had a calendar and actually have been using the same system for years now.   And then I found the Filo-faxer"s on YouTube.   I still do not own a Filofax of my own.  ( I want an A5 size in a pretty color preferably a Malden).  I could not believe the many many videos dedicated to organization of ones life on paper.   Part of me was in love and enthralled and part of me was thinking... with all this planning, when is there time to actually "do" all the stuff?   I realized I am a planner, and I like to enjoy the process, but I am not a super detailed person when it comes to that.   Maybe I will add my system to the mix of YouTube video's.  It's pretty basic.   Filo-fax lead me to discover the Midori Travelers Journal, or the Faux-Dori's out there and I will be trying my hand at making one of those too.  

My journaling has never been subject to rules of perfectionism which is why I think it has always been such a friend to me.  I do it whenever, however, on whatever.  No RULES!  NONE!   Well, I guess there is one and that is No Judgement.    Since journaling is so powerful for me, I decided to use it as a tool to help me strengthen my spiritual life.   I watched lots of video's offering formulas and prompts etc, and eventually ended up with what works for me.  I have tied it into my work and actually, that would be a good YouTube video to share (once I make it).   

I'm not sure where this year will go (as none of us are), but I do know that the many big changes, challenges, and joys of last year will settle into something new for this year.   I'm excited to see what adventures I can create and what His will has in store for me and my family!

See you again soon my friends.  PS  I really want to learn to become more successful at the YouTube thing.  I really would love to share more!   I will be searching out easy tutorials next!

No comments: