"These days would be remembered and kept for generations and celebrated by every family..." Est 9:28 NLT

Sunday, December 25, 2011

The Scariest Moment of 2011!

I must start with the back story.   When I turned 45 (almost 2 years ago) having had pretty good vision my whole life, I had a moment of slight terror when trying to focus on something, I could not.   I recalled scenes from a movie when the main characters vision goes wonky and come to find out they have a brain tumor.  Needless to say I was in my eye doctors office pronto!    I love her.   She is close to my same age and whether true or not, she humored me by saying I made it longer than most before the "dreaded over 40 vision changes" struck.   Lucky me.   My vision wasn't bad enough to be able to buy the ever stylish (as a friend of mine calls them) "cheater" glasses that are sold most everywhere, but it was bad enough to need something, and since my eyes are both different prescriptions..... I got to pay $ for another pair of glasses.   It was that or switch to progressive glasses and spend my days in perpetual nausea from vertigo!   No thanks.     FAST FORWARD.......


My bathroom has bad lighting which isn't good for aging eyes and beauty routines, so I asked for a magnifying-lighted mirror.   The good news---- I got it!   The bad news--- I got it!   

My scariest moment of this year to date was about one hour ago when I gave that thing a test run!   Good Lord!   To those of you who call yourselves my friends.... why did you not tell me to run... NOT WALK to the closest place offering facials.... and eyebrow shaping too!   The good news......  no chin hairs.  My dear friends who have travelled down this magnified/lighted mirror path before me tell me that's the next joy to look forward to!   

Merry Christmas everyone and may you not have any scary moments for the remainder of 2011! 

No comments: