I'm not sure if it is vacation, or all of the wonderful sources of inspiration I've been getting, or a combination of all of the above, but I have been doin' some art!
My latest project was inspired by many. The style is Julie Nutting (she does fabulous paper-piecing fashion dolls- see her book Collage Couture). I first learned of her style from Gabrielle Pollacco (Such A Pretty Mess.blogspot.com). Gabrielle inspired me to just play and layer to my hearts content for the background and foundation of the piece. The bible verse came from our last service at Blue Oaks Church- "Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a dream fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12 and then I added another "I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits, and in his word I put my hope." Ps 130:5 which spoke to the theme of my piece.
The theme was inspired by my own heart, (and my fascination with frog princes. I was shopping in Richards and found this charm- I knew I had to do something with it!).
I decided to use the verse that was simmering inside me from church and just see what happened. I knew I wanted to create a something pretty- one of the paper women, who somehow emmitted calmness, hope, trust and some longing. This piece is a little whimsical, yet, for me is serious. It speaks to my overall longing to have that special mate (who hopefully is not a frog) to share life with, but also my happiness with life should that not happen, and my trust that what the Lord wants for my life will continue to unfold as long as I continue to surrender.
I used lots of paper layering, rub-ons (SO happy to be using my collection!) glimmer mist, because who can resist that stuff, doilies, paper, paint, charms, lace, flowers.
The dimensionality doesn't show well in the photos, but in person, you can really see the many layers and dimensions.
Thank you for stopping by, and yippee for me..... two posts in the same week! That's what vacation will do for ya!
Deb
2 comments:
Deb,
This is sooo beautiful! I can really relate to what you say both in your words and your artistic expression.
I wanted to thank you for your recent visit to me. Here's wishing you a peaceful and creative day.
xoxo
~Kell
Thank you so much for your kind words. You made my day!
Debbie
Post a Comment